The soils map layer provides soil map unit boundaries and related soil series information.
A soil series is a named soil type that has unique physical and chemical characteristics.
Use soils information to:
- Determine the suitability of soils to support a given land use type.
- View locations of wet soils in a region.
Soils Products and Services
Florida Maps Online - Soils are available for viewing using our Web based interactive map viewer.
Available Soils Map Layers
- SSURGO soils are the most detailed soil maps available. The maps are part of soil surveys that were done by the
Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS). Different soil properties are included in the soil attribute table, e.g. hydric soils.
- Usable Map Scale Range
- 1:6,000 to 1:100,000
- Available Counties and Year
- Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, Leon, Miami-Dade, Desoto,
Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Glades, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Hillsborough, Indian River, Jefferson,
Lafayette, Lake, Lee, Levy, Madison, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach,
Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Sarasota, Seminole, St Johns, St Lucie, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Volusia.